How to Track Your Fundraising Progress
Tracking sales keeps students focused
If you know where you want to end up, it’s important to know if you’re actually tracking properly so you can reach your destination.
Hoping your students are out selling is not a good approach. You would probably do just as well by simply rolling the dice and wishing for the best.
Instead, wouldn’t it be nice to know how your fundraiser was progressing before the order forms were turned in?
Since success is determined by your group's ability to reach their sales goal, you should track your fundraising progress along the way. You can in essence do more than simply remind your students to sell.
Tracking student progress allows you to do 3 things. One, it gives you a barometer, two, it creates accountability, and three; it breaks the sale down into smaller goals. Here’s how it works:
Announce Your Tracking Plan
At your kickoff, announce that you will check each student's progress 3 times during your sale:
- The day after the kickoff (day 1)
- At the half way point (day 7)
- On the last day (day 14)
Remind them the day before each check in day to bring their order form and money envelope.
Check Student Progress
- On your 3 check-in days, ask your students to present their order forms and money collection envelopes. This is to see if they are keeping up with their selling.
- Your check-in days provide a great opportunity to incorporate an additional incentive like the money game. This will motivate your sellers to reach and even exceed their check-in day goals.
Update Your Fundraiser Progress Tracker
We provide a fundraiser progress tracker prior to your kickoff that will help you track your sale. You can record each student's sales at each check-in day and thus see how well your sale is progressing.
|Seller Name||Items Sold|
|Total Items Sold||% of Seller Goal||Estimated Profit|
|Adams, Mary||3||4||5||12 ||100||$48.00 |
Calculate Your Profit
Download your free sales tracker
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50