Money Fundraiser Incentive Game
How the money game helps participation
The money fundraiser incentive game is a sales motivator that's designed to further increase seller participation. By breaking your sale down into smaller steps, you're encouraging sellers to reach smaller, periodic goals and then reward them while the sale is still in process.
The game is designed to keep everyone on their toes because no one knows who’s going to get their name drawn out each time. Therefore it helps build suspense by encouraging everyone to sell out of their brochure so they’ll prepare themselves to possible win. This is a great way to leverage your money because you’re getting all of your sellers’ attention with little, or possibly even no expense. Here's how it works:
1. Designate 3 Separate Drawing Days
- 1st Drawing: The day after your kickoff.
- 2nd Drawing: Halfway point of your sale.
- 3rd Drawing: The day that orders and money are due.
2. Set a Goal for Each Drawing Day
- For example, if you want each student to sell 10 items total, your 1st drawing goal might be to sell 3 items, your 2nd drawing goal 7 items, and your 3rd drawing goal would be 10 items. These numbers will vary depending on your total item goal. The idea is to help your students work towards their end goal.
- Tell your students at your kickoff that on each drawing day you'll pick one name out of a hat. If that person has reached the goal and can prove it, they win $20. To qualify, they must show you their order form as well as be able to show you all, or most of the money for their orders.
- If the person whose name is drawn out wins the 1st drawing then the 2nd drawing at the halfway point of the sale will also be for $20. You can always have various students draw out the names.
- What makes the money game interesting for your sellers is if someone whose name is drawn out doesn’t win, then that money rolls over to the next drawing. This sends a powerful message to everyone to be ready for the next drawing because the cash reward has just doubled.
- Finally, the 3rd drawing will either be for $20, $40 or $60 depending on what happened on the previous 2 drawing days.
3. Remind Sellers about the Drawings
- Remind your students daily about the money game with special reminders the day before each drawing.
- Also remind them that to have a chance to win they must have their order forms and money envelopes on hand.
- Students must be present to win. If a student's name is drawn out and they're absent, draw out another name.
- If the student is able to turn in money for orders taken then they win the money on the spot.
- Only draw out 1 name for each drawing. If no one qualifies then no one wins and you don’t give any money away. Don't feel bad because you've met your end of the deal.
- You can also reward sellers who are able to sell over each daily goal by putting their name in the hat multiple times. For example, have students raise their hands if they've sold twice as much as the goal and put their name in 2 times, and so on. Remember, if their name is drawn out, they still have to prove that they've actually sold that amount. If you do this, make sure to let them know about it from the beginning.
- You can always substitute gift cards in place of cash if necessary.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50