Websites for Schools:
Resources from Teacher Magazine:
Bullying at School: What We Know and What We Can Do, by Dan Olweus; $19.95. Contact: Blackwell Publishers, P.O. Box 20, Williston, VT 05495; (800) 216-2522.
Bully-Proofing Your School, by Carla Garrity, Kathryn Jens, William Porter, Nancy Sager, and Cam Short-Camilli; $29.95. Contact: Sopris West, 1140 Boston Ave., Longmont, CO; 80501; (303) 651-2829.
The Bullying Prevention Handbook: A Guide for Principals, Teachers, and Counselors, by John Hoover and Ronald Oliver; $21.95. Contact: National Education Service, 1252 Loesch Rd., Bloomington, IN 47402; (812) 336-7700 or (800) 733-6786.
Bullyproof: A Teacher’s Guide on Teasing and Bullying for Use With Fourth and Fifth Grade Students, by Nan Stein, Lisa Sjostrom, and Emily Gaberman; $19.95, plus $5 shipping and handling. Contact: Centers for Women, Publications, Wellesley College, 106 Central St., Wellesley, MA 02181; (617) 283-2532.
Resources from the National PTA:
Safe at School: Awareness and Action for Parents of Kids K-12, by Carol Silverman; Saunders Free Spirit Publishing Inc. 400 First Ave. N., Suite 616 Minneapolis, MN 55401-1730 (612) 338-2068. The tips in this book help parents deal with bullying, gangs, sexual harassment, and other school safety issues.
Why Is Everybody Always Picking on Me? A Guide to Handle Bullies, by Terrence Webster-Doyle; Atrium Society Publications P.O. Box 816 Middlebury, VT 05753 (800) 966-1998 or (802) 388-0922. This book helps children and teens to develop the confidence needed to resolve conflicts without fighting and to cope with bullies.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- Angie Ramirez — Principal Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- Pete Morales — Principal Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary