State Test Magic Pep Talk
What students learn at the assembly
The state test magic pep talk gives students the confidence they need to excel at standardized tests.
Examinations are what we use to determine academic success and thus are an important part of the educational process; however they don’t always tell the entire story. Current research shows that there are important differences between students who score high on exams and those who score low. And students who are smart don't always score well on exams.
There are basically 2 types of students who score well on exams and intelligence has little to do with either:
1. Students who are self-confident
- Are more relaxed when taking an exam
- Are able to think more clearly
- Do not feel intimidated by tests
These students also tend to be more persistent with regard to their school work.
2. Students who are effective test takers
- Are able to follow directions
- Know how to avoid common mistakes
- Know how to use their time effectively and efficiently
- Can maximize their scores by educated guessing
This program is designed to teach children valuable exam taking skills and how to be confident when taking exams. The pep talk uses comedy and magic to illustrate several key exam taking strategies.
This program teaches the following lessons:
- How to develop good strategies by properly addressing test questions and making educated guesses.
- How to take tests by following instructions and checking their work.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Ms. Judith Rosas — PTO PresidentDon Jose Gallego ElementaryRaised:$12,000.00
- 5Mary Jo Torres — PTA Secretary
Our students loved the Character Counts Magic Show! The show was extremely entertaining while providing important educational concepts that were tremendously useful to the students.
The students learned the importance of being responsible through magic. The Big Event Magic Show was excellent and I recommend it highly!Fannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser Chairman5Welder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Sylvia Vasquez — Reading InstructorNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Tracie Pohlmeyer — Assistant Principal
The magic show was a great motivational tool for our students. Our students talked for weeks about the magic show! The magician really knew how to connect with our students. I especially liked how he emphasized the various character traits like trustworthiness and respect using magic. I know that our students would love to have him back again next year!Tenie Holmes ElementaryRaised:$13,672.00
- 5Eleticia Nava — Principal
Our students enjoyed the magic show and were engaged throughout the presentation. The magician was very entertaining and the message of 'Reading' was definitely communicated to our students.
The ‘magic show incentive' motivated our students to sell more items! I strongly recommend it as a successful fundraiser!Whitney ElementaryRaised:$13,355.00
- Adan Ramirez — Assistant Principal5Pearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Kim Davis — PTA President
I believe the magic show has been the best prize program we have ever offered our students! We liked it so much we actually booked Cody for 5 additional educational magic shows!
I definitely would recommend the package to everyone I know. I believe we exceeded our fundraising goals because of the show. The shows are not only educational but highly entertaining as well!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Elena Rodriguez — ChairpersonJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Frank Garcia — PrincipalL.C. Smith ElementaryRaised:$17,703.50