For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had. The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before! We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!
Prize Drawing Fundraiser Incentive Game
Improve your outcome during your sale
The primary goal for any sponsor should be to come up with ways to make as much money as possible.
The prize drawing fundraiser incentive game is designed to do just that by adding a supplemental component to the main prize program. Its purpose is to impact sales results by motivating and rewarding students during the sale. This is the time that you can actually have the greatest impact on your students selling efforts.
If you think about it, the best time to incentivize someone is when they can still make additional impact on the bottom line. And the time to do that is while the sale is still in process, not just at the end.
The typical prize program only rewards students after the sale is over. The prize drawing game on the other hand helps break the sale down into smaller, more manageable goals.
And because drawings happen more than once during the sale, students can continue to sell while being rewarded for it. This encourages more to want to sell and ultimately bring in more money for your campaign.
How it Works
Your students can turn in one prize coupon from their prize drawing coupon sheet for every 5 items sold from their brochure. Rewarding sellers during the sale encourages them to keep selling throughout.
Ideas for Special Privileges
And you don’t have to spend extra money on prizes. Here are some ideas you can incorporate as special privileges to give away to prize drawing winners:
- ‘Line Leader’ for the Day
- ‘Classroom Leader’ for the Day
- ‘Office Monitor’ for the Day
- ‘Door Monitor’ for the Day
- ‘Breakfast or Lunch with the Principal’ (or a favorite teacher)
- ‘Free Dress Day’ Pass
- ‘Extra Recess Time’ Pass
- ‘No Homework for a Day’ Pass
- Help with Daily Announcements
- ‘Sit Where You Want’ Pass
- Free Library Pass
- 1 Free Snack (Of school’s choice)
- Ask local stores and restaurants to donate coupons (i.e. free pizza coupons)
- Low-cost prizes (find out of local toy stores will donate prizes in exchange for some free publicity)
Feel free to incorporate your own ideas as well.
- Decide ahead of time how many drawings you intend to have; then announce and promote them consistently.
- Consider having more frequent drawings with more basic prizes, or fewer drawings with better prizes.
- It's recommended that you draw out as many names as possible so more students will feel they have a chance to win.
- Make sure to announce where your students can turn in their prize coupons at your kickoff.
- Get creative and design a prize coupon box that's easy for your students to identify.
- Conduct your drawings live during morning announcements so everyone will know about it.
- You can either issue prizes as you go or wait until after all money has been turned in.