Why Fundraiser Prospecting Lists are Important
Successful fundraising begins with a plan
Before you send your students out selling, make sure they write down who they plan to talk to. This is where prospecting lists can help jump-start your fundraiser.
Having a list of people they can approach will help them define and narrow down their target market. This list will also serve as a built-in guide that allows them to track their progress as they go.
They’ll be able to identify people they feel comfortable approaching which will make the selling process easier. These are the contacts they feel will be more likely to buy so it additionally helps increase seller confidence as well as the likelihood of making a sale.
And it only takes a couple of successful encounters to create positive momentum needed to ultimately reach their sales goal. Finally, brainstorming on a list can cause students to think of additional people to talk to.
Creating and Tracking Your List
Have your students complete a prospect list during your kickoff by identifying 15 people they agree to approach over the next 3 days. Once they have approached someone, regardless of whether they buy or not, check the ‘approached’ box. If the prospect ends up making a purchase, check the ‘purchased’ box.
Ideas for Prospects
The ideas for prospects can be endless and may include your postal carrier, grocery clerk, gas station attendant, teachers, paper carrier, minister, youth leader, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, grandparent’s, fellow workers, other classmates, just to name a few.
Having your students create fundraiser prospecting lists can help jumpstart the fundraiser in the minds of your students. As opposed to simply going out to attempt to make random sales to anyone, students will now be able to use a well-defined ‘cheat sheet’.
Calculate Your Profit
Download your free prospect sheet
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50