The N.O.W. Selling Method
Simplify your students sales pitch
The N.O.W. selling method is a simple yet effective way for your students to approach people and ask them to make a purchase from their brochure. Since your students are representing your organization, it’s important that they put forth a professional image. People tend to buy from students who are polite, articulate and can get to the point as quickly as possible.
Some of the most successful sponsors will set aside some time during their kickoff to actually role play in order to get their students comfortable with the process. Pair your students up and have them practice in pairs.
At the end, ask a volunteer to be the seller and you be the buyer. Then, send a powerful message to your group by actually make a purchase from them. This will help set a positive tone for your fundraiser.
What does 'N.O.W.' Stand For?
You want a mnemonic that’s relevant yet easy to remember.
- The N stands for Name. When approaching people the first thing students should do is introduce themselves by sharing their name.
- The O stands for Organization. Potential customers will want to know something about the organization. Is it a cause they might be interested in?
- The W stands for Why. What is the reason your students are out selling?
A Sample Presentation
An example of the N.O.W. selling method in action may look something like this:
“Hi, my name is John and I am a player for the Smith High School baseball team. Our team is raising money for a new batting cage and we’re asking people to support us by purchasing one or more items out of our brochure?”
Additional Selling Tips
- Always greet potential customers with a smile.
- Look people in the eyes when speaking to them.
- Instead of asking them to buy, simply hand them the brochure.
- Be polite, even if your prospect says no. Thank them for their time and move on.
Calculate Your Profit
Download your free sales pitch sheet
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles! Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had. The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before! We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier. We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50