How mystery people make selling fun
The mystery person fundraiser incentive game is a great way to motivate your students to talk to people about your sale. It’s just like a game of ‘hide and seek’ because the first student to find and ask the mystery person to buy wins a prize. And the more people they talk to, the greater chance they have of finding the mystery person.
The game is designed to help break the ice and get everyone out selling by turning it into an exciting competition. Students may make several sales before someone encounters the mystery person which is what you want to have happen anyway. The best thing about this game is that it makes fundraising fun for your students which will bring in more sales. Setting up and running the mystery person game is easy. Here's what you need to do to incorporate it into your sale:
Assign Your Mystery Person
- Ask 1 or 2 adults on campus to be the ‘mystery person’. This person receives instructions from you that they're not to say anything until the 1st seller who approaches them talks to them about making a purchase. You'll want to provide them with a voucher of some kind that they can then give to the student.
- Make sure to ask the ‘mystery person’ to actually make a purchase from them.
The Sales Pitch
- Students who happen to approach the mystery person must ask them to make a purchase. They cannot simply ask, "Are you the mystery person?" This is a good opportunity to teach the NOW selling method to your students at your kickoff.
- N = NAME
- O = ORGANIZATION
- W = WHY?
“Hi, my name is_________, I’m with _____________and we are raising money for___________________. We are asking people to purchase one or more items from our brochure.” Then simply hand the person the brochure, order form and a pen, take a step back and smile.
- The student must turn in the voucher as proof that they made a sale to this person.
- You can give away cash, a prize or a special privilege.
- Ensure that everyone knows when someone has successfully sold to the mystery person.
- No reward should be issued until the winner has turned in all of their money for their orders.
- Make sure to inform everyone from the beginning that if no one finds the mystery person then no one gets the reward.
- Have more than 1 mystery person. This may lead to multiple winners and more sales.
Get Your Free eBook
Receive your complimentary Your Kickoff Guidebook: Everything you need to run your fundraiser ebook by completing our ‘Download Your Free Kickoff Guidebook’ form.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
Have a question?
What Our Customers Say
We enjoyed working with Big Fundraising Ideas. The service was excellent and we recommend them highly.
Thank you very much. It was a pleasure to work with Big Fundraising Ideas. God Bless you and your company. It was wonderful!
The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was exceptional! They were very helpful and organized. The fundraiser kickoff and incentives really motivated the students to sell!
We have always had a great experience with this sale from your end of the deal. Big Fundraising Ideas always works with us no matter what the issue is. They are excellent. They stay on top of things and are very helpful. Their reply/correspondence time is outstanding.
The overall service that Big Fundraising Ideas provided was very good and they were also helpful when we needed them. In addition, product quality was good.
Big Fundraising Ideas did an exceptional job with our fundraiser. The overall service that we received was very good. The children and parents were very excited about the prize incentives. Big Fundraising ideas was excellent and I will definitely recommend them to others.
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier. We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.
The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was exceptional. Easy and profitable!
Big Fundraising Ideas is always very helpful. They go out of their way to make sure our fundraisers go smoothly. If there is ever a question we can always call on them.
The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was very good. Product quality was also very good while the prize incentives were excellent. Big Fundraising Ideas was very good and I will recommend them to others. Great job!
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions! We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!
The ordering, shipping and rewards process was easy to follow. The support provided was very helpful! Thanks!
Big Fundraising Ideas provides excellent service and I definitely recommend them to others.
Wonderful!! I couldn't have asked for a better company to work with. The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was exceptional. I will definitely recommend them to others.
Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful as the student sales reports were excellent and done for you! It was a great money maker with little work involved!