Mystery Person Fundraiser Incentive Game
How mystery people make selling fun
The mystery person fundraiser incentive game is a great way to motivate your students to talk to people about your sale. It’s just like a game of ‘hide and seek’ because the first student to find and ask the mystery person to buy wins a prize. And the more people they talk to, the greater chance they have of finding the mystery person.
The game is designed to help break the ice and get everyone out selling by turning it into an exciting competition. Students may make several sales before someone encounters the mystery person which is what you want to have happen anyway. The best thing about this game is that it makes fundraising fun for your students which will bring in more sales. Setting up and running the mystery person game is easy. Here's what you need to do to incorporate it into your sale:
Assign Your Mystery Person
- Ask 1 or 2 adults on campus to be the ‘mystery person’. This person receives instructions from you that they're not to say anything until the 1st seller who approaches them talks to them about making a purchase. You'll want to provide them with a voucher of some kind that they can then give to the student.
- Make sure to ask the ‘mystery person’ to actually make a purchase from them.
The Sales Pitch
- Students who happen to approach the mystery person must ask them to make a purchase. They cannot simply ask, "Are you the mystery person?" This is a good opportunity to teach the NOW selling method to your students at your kickoff.
- N = NAME
- O = ORGANIZATION
- W = WHY?
“Hi, my name is_________, I’m with _____________and we are raising money for___________________. We are asking people to purchase one or more items from our brochure.” Then simply hand the person the brochure, order form and a pen, take a step back and smile.
- The student must turn in the voucher as proof that they made a sale to this person.
- You can give away cash, a prize or a special privilege.
- Ensure that everyone knows when someone has successfully sold to the mystery person.
- No reward should be issued until the winner has turned in all of their money for their orders.
- Make sure to inform everyone from the beginning that if no one finds the mystery person then no one gets the reward.
- Have more than 1 mystery person. This may lead to multiple winners and more sales.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83