Jump for George Fundraiser Incentive Game
Inspire students towards sales success
The 'Jump for George Fundraiser Incentive Game' is a fun way to reward your students who reach a certain sales goal.
Students win money based on how many dollar bills they're able to broad jump past.
If you don't already have a starting line, place about 4 feet of masking tape on the floor. Then line up about 25 one dollar bills end to end, starting at one side of the line or tape.
Keep in mind that younger students may not be able to jump as far so if they end up selling more then you'll want to place the larger bills closer to the starting point. In other words, make sure you know whose jumping before your event. Also, make sure that you approximate how much money you’ll need to give away based upon how many qualifiers you have. Here are some things that you’ll want to consider.
Determine Seller Qualification Requirements
Make sure and set this number high enough so roughly 8-15 students will qualify. A good number to use might be 25 items. Remember, this is a special privilege so you want students to have to work harder to earn it. If too many students qualify with an easy goal, you'll profit a lot less off of each seller. On the other hand, if you set the goal too high, you may end up discouraging some sellers.
Have an Awards Ceremony
Make sure that everyone gets to see those who qualify. By having everyone watch, you are accomplishing two things:
- You are acknowledging those students who reached the goal in front of their peers.
- You will receive free advertising for your next fundraiser.
You might even consider picking a student from the audience during your kickoff to do it as an exciting preview of what's to come.
Acknowledge Your Qualifiers
Before each student jumps you'll want to announce their name and how much money they raised. You might even want to have them jump in order of lowest to highest seller. Once you're ready to start, line up each student beside the dollar bills and reward them based upon how many dollar bills they're able to completely clear and broad jump past.
- Have everyone present at the event so they'll see what happens.
- You also have the option of providing gift cards in place of cash.
- Mix in some $5’s and $10’s at the end to add excitement for older qualifiers.
- Consider demonstrating the game at your kickoff.
- Allow younger students to get a running start as opposed to just broad jumping.
- If you're going to be outside you may need to tape the money together.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier. We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles! Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had. The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before! We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50