Give your sellers a strong foundation
The fundraiser kickoff is foundational to sales success. It helps establish needed sales momentum that ultimately leads to your group reaching or exceeding its financial goals.
Like anything else though, it will be necessary to spend a little time preparing for your meeting if you want to make a real impact. Your students will need to know why your fundraiser is important and what’s in it for them.
And the more effectively you communicate your objectives to your students, the more productive they’ll probably become. So if you want you want your kickoff to be successful, simply follow these steps:
1. Communicate Your Purpose:
Start by communicating the reason for your fundraiser. How do you plan to convince your sellers that your purpose is important to them? And don't just assume that they'll be obligated to participate just because they're a part of your group.
2. Share Your Goal:
Set your goal using our Group Goal Setting Guide then:
- Let everyone know how much the group needs to raise.
- Tell each seller how many items they will need to sell.
- Encourage your students to set smaller daily goals.
3. Explain the Process:
Be ready to distribute and explain each of the following:
- Order Forms (Have your students fill in the information at the top)
- 'Ship to Buyer' programs don't use order forms.
- 'Ship to Seller' programs require the seller to add their address to the form.
- Brochures (Review page by page. You should familiarize yourself with the brochure ahead of time)
- Prize Brochure (Explain what they can win)
- Parent Letter (Make sure to have them show the letter to their parents)
- Money Collection Envelopes (Does not apply to 'Ship to Buyer' programs):
- Collect money up front
- Checks are made payable to your group
- Money and order forms are due back by the turn in date
4. Discuss Online Selling:
Prepare your students to sell online.
- You'll receive instructions by email.
- Make copies of your online selling information letter.
- Inform your group that online selling is an easy way to make additional money.
- Tell your sellers they'll receive additional prize credit for online sales.
5. Maintain Your Momentum:
You'll generate momentum at your kickoff so make sure to sustain it throughout your sale.
- Meet with your sellers regularly and track their progress.
- Encourage them to also have their family members help them sell.
- Boost sales by offering additional incentives.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
Have a question?
What Our Customers Say
We really liked the service and the assistance that was given to us with our fundraising. Product quality was good and the prize incentives were excellent. Big Fundraising Ideas was excellent and I will definitely recommend them to others!
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.
My experience with your company was more than satisfactory. I have worked with vendors in the past and have never had such a smooth experience.
Big Fundraising Ideas is wonderful to work with. They are always available to help me and fix any problem the day I call.
We enjoyed working with Big Fundraising Ideas. The service was excellent and we recommend them highly.
Big Fundraising Ideas provides an excellent product and excellent service. The individuals who delivered the cookie dough were very helpful as well. I would definitely recommend them to other schools considering a fundraiser.
I got immediate answers via email to all my questions. The orders were packaged separately by seller which was a great help. There was only one item missing from one box. Overall I was very pleased.
We have always had a great experience with this sale from your end of the deal. Big Fundraising Ideas always works with us no matter what the issue is. They are excellent. They stay on top of things and are very helpful. Their reply/correspondence time is outstanding.
Big Fundraising Ideas provides excellent service. They go out of their way to help our school.
The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was very good. Product quality met everyone's expectations and the prize incentives were excellent! Big Fundraising Ideas was very good and I will recommend your company to the next board.
We have done business with you for several years and we keep coming back! Thank you for your organization, service and personal attention!
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions! We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!
Everything ran smoothly with Big Fundraising Ideas. Step by step instructions were great. Thank you!
The service I have received over the past several years has been excellent. Despite the fact that they are from out of town, their service is exceptional.
We have worked with Big Fundraising Ideas for 5 years now and are completely pleased with their service. I would recommend them to everyone!