How to Prepare for a Small Group Fundraiser Kickoff
Give your sellers a strong foundation
The fundraiser kickoff is foundational to sales success. It helps establish needed sales momentum that ultimately leads to your group reaching or exceeding its financial goals.
Like anything else though, it will be necessary to spend a little time preparing for your meeting if you want to make a real impact. Your students will need to know why your fundraiser is important and what’s in it for them.
And the more effectively you communicate your objectives to your students, the more productive they’ll probably become. So if you want you want your kickoff to be successful, simply follow these steps:
1. Communicate Your Purpose:
Start by communicating the reason for your fundraiser. How do you plan to convince your sellers that your purpose is important to them? And don't just assume that they'll be obligated to participate just because they're a part of your group.
2. Share Your Goal:
Set your goal using our Group Goal Setting Guide then:
- Let everyone know how much the group needs to raise.
- Tell each seller how many items they will need to sell.
- Encourage your students to set smaller daily goals.
3. Explain the Process:
Be ready to distribute and explain each of the following:
- Order Forms (Have your students fill in the information at the top)
- 'Ship to Buyer' programs don't use order forms.
- 'Ship to Seller' programs require the seller to add their address to the form.
- Brochures (Review page by page. You should familiarize yourself with the brochure ahead of time)
- Prize Brochure (Explain what they can win)
- Parent Letter (Make sure to have them show the letter to their parents)
- Money Collection Envelopes (Does not apply to 'Ship to Buyer' programs):
- Collect money up front
- Checks are made payable to your group
- Money and order forms are due back by the turn in date
4. Discuss Online Selling:
Prepare your students to sell online.
- You'll receive instructions by email.
- Make copies of your online selling information letter.
- Inform your group that online selling is an easy way to make additional money.
- Tell your sellers they'll receive additional prize credit for online sales.
5. Maintain Your Momentum:
You'll generate momentum at your kickoff so make sure to sustain it throughout your sale.
- Meet with your sellers regularly and track their progress.
- Encourage them to also have their family members help them sell.
- Boost sales by offering additional incentives.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50