Fundraiser Goal Setting Guide
How to set achievable seller goals
Why should you have a Fundraiser Goal? Believe it or not, most groups simply hand out their sales materials and hope for the best.
On the other hand, setting a benchmark for your students is important because it lets your sellers know what’s expected of them and it gives them something to aim for.
Setting a student sales goal also allows you to track their progress as it relates to the goal. This helps keep them accountable.
How do you set your student goal? First, define how much money your group needs to raise. Then, determine how many members you have in your group and decide how many items each member needs to sell. To set your sales goal, you can either use the following chart or do the math.
1. Use the Chart:
If you have a money goal already you can simply determine the item goal based on the size of your group. Or, you can set your money goal based on the number of sellers and how much you want them to sell.
|# of Sellers||5 Items/Seller||10 Items/Seller||15 Items/Seller||20 Items/Seller||25 Items/Seller|
|Based on $6 profit/item sold|
2. Do the Math:
First, divide your group's financial goal by your number of students. This determines how much money each member needs to raise. For example, if you need to raise $1,300 and you have 14 members, each member will need to raise about $93.
Second, determine how many items each student needs to sell. Each brochure item makes about $6 profit, so to reach their $93 goal, divide $93 by $6. Therefore each member would need to sell about 16 items.
How to Reach Your Fundraising Goal
Once you know how much each member needs to sell, incorporate additional fundraising incentives to help them reach, and even exceed their goal.
You can also use the chart to estimate your potential earnings. Multiply the number of members by the number of items you think they can sell. For example, if you have 50 members and think each member can sell 10 items instead of 5, you will potentially bring in an additional $1,500.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00