Additional Character Counts Magic Program Information
Character Counts Resource Material
Someone with good character is a respectable person, someone to look up to and admire. They understand the difference between right and wrong and always try to do what is right, regardless of the cost.
Regardless of whether they are being watched by others or simply by themselves, their behavior and actions don’t change. They strive to set a good example for everyone and to make their world a better place.
People of good moral character live according to the 6 pillars of character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. To learn more see our Character Counts Magic Program.
Our Character Traits & What They Mean
- Be honest.
- Don’t deceive, cheat, or steal.
- Be reliable and do what you say you’ll do.
- Have the courage to do the right thing.
- Build a good reputation.
- Be loyal and stand by your family, friends, and country.
- Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule.
- Be tolerant and accepting of differences.
- Use good manners, not bad language.
- Be considerate of the feelings of others.
- Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone.
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements.
- Do what you are supposed to do.
- Plan ahead.
- Persevere and keep trying.
- Always do your best.
- Use self-control.
- Be self-disciplined.
- Think before you act and consider the consequences.
- Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes.
- Set a good example for others.
- Play by the rules.
- Take turns and share.
- Be open-minded; listen to others.
- Don’t take advantage of others.
- Don’t blame others carelessly.
- Treat all people fairly.
- Be kind.
- Be compassionate and show you care.
- Express gratitude.
- Forgive others.
- Help people in need.
- Do your share to make your school and community better.
- Get involved in community affairs.
- Stay informed and vote.
- Be a good neighbor.
- Obey laws and rules.
- Respect authority.
- Protect the environment.
How Can We Remember Our Character Traits?
Remembering your character traits is simple. Just remember the acronym TERRIFIC!
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Elena Rodriguez — ChairpersonJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- Adan Ramirez — Assistant Principal5Pearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Mary Jo Torres — PTA Secretary
Our students loved the Character Counts Magic Show! The show was extremely entertaining while providing important educational concepts that were tremendously useful to the students.
The students learned the importance of being responsible through magic. The Big Event Magic Show was excellent and I recommend it highly!Fannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Eleticia Nava — Principal
Our students enjoyed the magic show and were engaged throughout the presentation. The magician was very entertaining and the message of 'Reading' was definitely communicated to our students.
The ‘magic show incentive' motivated our students to sell more items! I strongly recommend it as a successful fundraiser!Whitney ElementaryRaised:$13,355.00
- Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser Chairman5Welder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Frank Garcia — PrincipalL.C. Smith ElementaryRaised:$17,703.50
- 5Tracie Pohlmeyer — Assistant Principal
The magic show was a great motivational tool for our students. Our students talked for weeks about the magic show! The magician really knew how to connect with our students. I especially liked how he emphasized the various character traits like trustworthiness and respect using magic. I know that our students would love to have him back again next year!Tenie Holmes ElementaryRaised:$13,672.00
- 5Kim Davis — PTA President
I believe the magic show has been the best prize program we have ever offered our students! We liked it so much we actually booked Cody for 5 additional educational magic shows!
I definitely would recommend the package to everyone I know. I believe we exceeded our fundraising goals because of the show. The shows are not only educational but highly entertaining as well!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Sylvia Vasquez — Reading InstructorNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Ms. Judith Rosas — PTO PresidentDon Jose Gallego Elementary