The magic show was so good that I'll like to have him back every year!
Additional Character Counts Magic Program Information
Character Counts Resource Material
Someone with good character is a respectable person, someone to look up to and admire. They understand the difference between right and wrong and always try to do what is right, regardless of the cost.
Regardless of whether they are being watched by others or simply by themselves, their behavior and actions don’t change. They strive to set a good example for everyone and to make their world a better place.
People of good moral character live according to the 6 pillars of character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. To learn more see our Character Counts Magic Program.
Our Character Traits & What They Mean
- Be honest.
- Don’t deceive, cheat, or steal.
- Be reliable and do what you say you’ll do.
- Have the courage to do the right thing.
- Build a good reputation.
- Be loyal and stand by your family, friends, and country.
- Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule.
- Be tolerant and accepting of differences.
- Use good manners, not bad language.
- Be considerate of the feelings of others.
- Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone.
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements.
- Do what you are supposed to do.
- Plan ahead.
- Persevere and keep trying.
- Always do your best.
- Use self-control.
- Be self-disciplined.
- Think before you act and consider the consequences.
- Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes.
- Set a good example for others.
- Play by the rules.
- Take turns and share.
- Be open-minded; listen to others.
- Don’t take advantage of others.
- Don’t blame others carelessly.
- Treat all people fairly.
- Be kind.
- Be compassionate and show you care.
- Express gratitude.
- Forgive others.
- Help people in need.
- Do your share to make your school and community better.
- Get involved in community affairs.
- Stay informed and vote.
- Be a good neighbor.
- Obey laws and rules.
- Respect authority.
- Protect the environment.
How Can We Remember Our Character Traits?
Remembering your character traits is simple. Just remember the acronym TERRIFIC!