If you want your fundraiser to be successful, you'll need to make sure that as many people know about it as possible, both inside and outside your organization. You can promote your sale to your students through daily announcements, video reminders and by posting your prize program flyers around your facility. Your parents can be informed through your parent information letter as well as by occasional notes that go home during the sale. Social media and online selling can help reach an even larger audience.
Here are some additional ways that you can promote your fundraiser:
Use Physical Advertising
Make sure everyone can read about your sale in high traffic areas.
- If you have a marquee, advertise your campaign so everyone that drives by can see it. The marquee can also be used as an additional reminder to inform everyone when they'll need to turn in their money and order forms. Make sure it's updated regularly.
- Make fundraising signs and place them in the front of the school or in a place where your parents pick up their children each day.
Use Multiple Forms of Media
Inform people using their preferred media sources.
- If you have a newsletter, put your information in your newsletter. Make sure to make it brief, yet exciting and informative.
- Spread the word about your fundraiser using Facebook and Twitter and ask others to do the same.
- If you have a website, use it to inform people as well.
- Send home periodic reminders.
Use Unique Fundraiser Promotions
Think outside the box. This will make your program stand out.
- If you're incorporating a special event, like an inflatable party as a reward for selling, or the principal agrees to do something fun if the school reaches a certain goal then have the newspaper or local television station out to the event. Make sure that you advertise to your students that you plan to do this ahead of time. This may help with future fundraising as well.
- If your school district has an ‘automated phone calling’ system, incorporate it to remind parents about selling as well as when money and order forms will be due.
- Include additional incentives in your announcements.