When most people think about fundraising incentives, top seller prizes, limo rides and pizza parties come to mind. The obvious reason we incentivize students is to entice them to sell more in order to bring in additional sales. The hope is that the return is greater than the initial investment.
However, since a primary objective is to maximize sales, have you thought about who else besides your students can make an impact? There’s no doubt that incentivizing students will have the greatest affect, but there are others who can help drive your sale as well. And it doesn’t have to cost you anything either. Here are 2 additional people groups that you should also consider offering fundraiser incentives to.
Motivate Your Teachers to Get Involved
Teachers can help remind and motivate their own students to sell. Some teachers understand the importance of fundraising and what it means for their school. These are the teachers who will encourage their students to sell regardless. But others may need a little extrinsic motivation.
Teacher Incentive Ideas
Here are some incentivize ideas your teachers may enjoy:
- Offer them free time:
- Relieve them from playground duty
- Cover their class for them
- Partner with local businesses to offer a:
- Free manicure and/or pedicure
- Catered lunch
- Spa treatment
- Use teacher incentives offered by fundraising companies
How to Incorporate Teacher Incentives
There are several ways that you can reward your incentives to your teachers. For instance:
- Highest class participation.
- Most number of prize coupons turned in.
- Most classroom dollars raised.
- Highest average items sold per seller.
Offer Fundraising Incentives to Your Parents
Since your parents are doing most of the selling, why not reward your parents? Here are some ideas:
- Offer a gift certificate to Walmart or a favorite mom store.
- Offer a free tuition kickback amount. (Private schools & daycares etc.)
Every school has their own unique incentive opportunities that can be incorporated into their sale. The key to improving sales is to get more people involved by diversifying your fundraising incentives.