Big Event Magic Show Checklist
Our goal is for all of our big events to be exceptional, especially in the eyes of your students. In fact, the more memorable it is, the more your students will talk about it to their peers. This will have a positive effect on future fundraisers as well because word will spread.
There are some things that you’ll need to do to prepare for your magic show event before your performer shows up. For instance, since the assembly is interactive, how will your students have access to the performer? Your goal is for your event to run smoothly and for your students to have a great experience.
Here are the steps to help you get ready:
1. Prepare the Performance Area:
- The stage must be open, clean and free from anything that will prohibit its use for the show.
- The magician will need access to the stage area at least 40 minutes prior to assembly start time.
- Provide access to 2 standard electrical outlets.
- Volunteers will be used during the show, so there must be steps leading up to the stage.
2. Plan for Backstage Meeting with Performer:
- The magician will need an extra 10-20 minutes to meet with any sellers backstage who sold 24 or more items.
- He will sign autographs, answer questions or take pictures.
- The children must be accompanied by a teacher or other school employee.
- The magician will also need to meet with any students who reached prize level 5 or higher before the show starts. If no one reached prize level 5, he will simply meet with the top seller.
3. Promote Your Event:
- Get your group excited by making periodic announcements before the show date.
- Arrange to have someone at your magic show from your local newspaper or TV station.
- Take pictures during the event and create a display for all to see.
Get Your Free eBook
Receive your complimentary Your Kickoff Guidebook: Everything you need to run your fundraiser ebook by completing our ‘Download Your Free Kickoff Guidebook’ form.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
Have a question?
What Our Customers Say
The magic show was a great motivational tool for our students. Our students talked for weeks about the magic show! The magician really knew how to connect with our students. I especially liked how he emphasized the various character traits like trustworthiness and respect using magic. I know that our students would love to have him back again next year!
We all really enjoyed the magic show. The students were excited and the message was great! We would like to see him again.
The kids really enjoyed themselves as well as the adults. It comes at a time when we all need to relax. Great show! Great job! Thank you!
Our students loved the Character Counts Magic Show! The show was extremely entertaining while providing important educational concepts that were tremendously useful to the students. The students learned the importance of being responsible through magic. The Big Event Magic Show was excellent and I recommend it highly!
The children, staff, and parents present were very much entertained with the presentation. Our students were completely engaged and received a great deal of practical information during the show as well. The Big Event Magic Show was excellent and we will definitely recommend it to others.
The magic show was very good as our students were very engaged and interested in the show.
I believe the magic show has been the best prize program we have ever offered our students! We liked it so much we actually booked Cody for 5 additional educational magic shows! I definitely would recommend the package to everyone I know. I believe we exceeded our fundraising goals because of the show. The shows are not only educational but highly entertaining as well!
Our students enjoyed the magic show and were engaged throughout the presentation. The magician was very entertaining and the message of 'Reading' was definitely communicated to our students. The ‘magic show incentive' motivated our students to sell more items! I strongly recommend it as a successful fundraiser!
The magic show was so good that I'll like to have him back every year!
Fantastic! Wonderful! The students were enthusiastic as well as the magician. Thank you for a job well done!