How to Prepare for Your Magic Show Event
Big Event Magic Show Checklist
Our goal is for all of our big events to be exceptional, especially in the eyes of your students. In fact, the more memorable it is, the more your students will talk about it to their peers. This will have a positive effect on future fundraisers as well because word will spread.
There are some things that you’ll need to do to prepare for your magic show event before your performer shows up. For instance, since the assembly is interactive, how will your students have access to the performer? Your goal is for your event to run smoothly and for your students to have a great experience.
Here are the steps to help you get ready:
1. Prepare the Performance Area:
- The stage must be open, clean and free from anything that will prohibit its use for the show.
- The magician will need access to the stage area at least 40 minutes prior to assembly start time.
- Provide access to 2 standard electrical outlets.
- Volunteers will be used during the show, so there must be steps leading up to the stage.
2. Plan for Backstage Meeting with Performer:
- The magician will need an extra 10-20 minutes to meet with any sellers backstage who sold 24 or more items.
- He will sign autographs, answer questions or take pictures.
- The children must be accompanied by a teacher or other school employee.
- The magician will also need to meet with any students who reached prize level 5 or higher before the show starts. If no one reached prize level 5, he will simply meet with the top seller.
3. Promote Your Event:
- Get your group excited by making periodic announcements before the show date.
- Arrange to have someone at your magic show from your local newspaper or TV station.
- Take pictures during the event and create a display for all to see.
PLEASE NOTE: Once your event is over we’ll send you a feedback form to complete. If you submit a picture with your form we’ll feature it on our website. You’ll also receive a $50 online store gift card.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Ms. Judith Rosas — PTO PresidentDon Jose Gallego Elementary
- 5Tracie Pohlmeyer — Assistant Principal
The magic show was a great motivational tool for our students. Our students talked for weeks about the magic show! The magician really knew how to connect with our students. I especially liked how he emphasized the various character traits like trustworthiness and respect using magic. I know that our students would love to have him back again next year!Tenie Holmes ElementaryRaised:$13,672.00
- 5Sylvia Vasquez — Reading InstructorNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Frank Garcia — PrincipalL.C. Smith ElementaryRaised:$17,703.50
- 5Mary Jo Torres — PTA Secretary
Our students loved the Character Counts Magic Show! The show was extremely entertaining while providing important educational concepts that were tremendously useful to the students.
The students learned the importance of being responsible through magic. The Big Event Magic Show was excellent and I recommend it highly!Fannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Elena Rodriguez — ChairpersonJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser Chairman5Welder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Eleticia Nava — Principal
Our students enjoyed the magic show and were engaged throughout the presentation. The magician was very entertaining and the message of 'Reading' was definitely communicated to our students.
The ‘magic show incentive' motivated our students to sell more items! I strongly recommend it as a successful fundraiser!Whitney ElementaryRaised:$13,355.00
- 5Kim Davis — PTA President
I believe the magic show has been the best prize program we have ever offered our students! We liked it so much we actually booked Cody for 5 additional educational magic shows!
I definitely would recommend the package to everyone I know. I believe we exceeded our fundraising goals because of the show. The shows are not only educational but highly entertaining as well!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- Adan Ramirez — Assistant Principal5Pearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00