How to Prepare for a School Fundraiser Kickoff
Get your students excited about selling
The school fundraiser kickoff is perhaps the most important part of your entire sales process. The primary purpose of the kickoff is to generate as much enthusiasm and support as possible. In other words, you have to sell your campaign to your students.
If you’re successful and your students buy in, you will have created much needed sales momentum that will ultimately help you reach your financial objective.
The more passionate your audience becomes, the more they'll want to participate. You should be prepared to convince your students why they should become involved. Then, you’ll need to work to keep the sales coming in throughout your fundraiser. Before your kickoff be sure to do the following:
Engage Your Audience
- Plan for a live assembly: Even though you could show your kickoff video during morning announcements or P.E., attempt to introduce the video during a live assembly. Your students will feel the energy from their peers in the room.
- Plan for a large audience: Plan to have one large assembly if possible. The larger your audience, the more excitement and energy you'll generate. It will also give you the opportunity to rally your entire school collectively, including your teachers and staff. Remember you are working on this project together as a team.
Plan Your Message
- Plan to communicate your purpose: Be ready to communicate your purpose at the beginning of your assembly. Why are you fundraising? Where will the money be spent? How will you convince your audience that your purpose is important to them? A well communicated purpose will motivate everyone to work harder.
- Plan to have the principal introduce your fundraiser: Have someone that your students respect as an authority figure introduce as well as close out your assembly. This will add credibility. If you are unable to get the principal involved, have another key person do it.
- Plan to have music: Arrange for a good sound system and play radio-edited music that your audience will enjoy as they enter, and again as they leave the assembly area.
Employ Available Technology
- Make your video viewing screen as large as possible: The larger the viewing screen, the more excited your students will become. Increased excitement usually translates into more sales. This helps ensure that students sitting in the back can see as well. The best option is to use a large screen and a projector hooked up to a computer.
- Use a good sound system: It’s important that everyone hears both you and the video. Your best option is to hook your computer into a good stereo system. Your next best option is to use external speakers with your computer. Then put the microphone up to the speakers.
- Set up and test your equipment in advance: All technical equipment, including music, computer, projector, and microphone, needs to be tested and working properly in advance of your assembly.
- Turn off the lights when showing your video: Arrange to have someone shut off the lights once you start your video. Then have them turn the lights back on once the video is finished.
Incorporate Additional Incentives
- Promote your online store: Inform your group that they can find information about selling online in their parent letter. Online selling is an easy way to bring in more sales while giving students additional prize program credit.
- Boost sales: Maximize results by offering additional incentives.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50