Get your students excited about selling
The school fundraiser kickoff is perhaps the most important part of your entire sales process. The primary purpose of the kickoff is to generate as much enthusiasm and support as possible. In other words, you have to sell your campaign to your students.
If you’re successful and your students buy in, you will have created much needed sales momentum that will ultimately help you reach your financial objective.
The more passionate your audience becomes, the more they'll want to participate. You should be prepared to convince your students why they should become involved. Then, you’ll need to work to keep the sales coming in throughout your fundraiser. Before your kickoff be sure to do the following:
Engage Your Audience
- Plan for a live assembly: Even though you could show your kickoff video during morning announcements or P.E., attempt to introduce the video during a live assembly. Your students will feel the energy from their peers in the room.
- Plan for a large audience: Plan to have one large assembly if possible. The larger your audience, the more excitement and energy you'll generate. It will also give you the opportunity to rally your entire school collectively, including your teachers and staff. Remember you are working on this project together as a team.
Plan Your Message
- Plan to communicate your purpose: Be ready to communicate your purpose at the beginning of your assembly. Why are you fundraising? Where will the money be spent? How will you convince your audience that your purpose is important to them? A well communicated purpose will motivate everyone to work harder.
- Plan to have the principal introduce your fundraiser: Have someone that your students respect as an authority figure introduce as well as close out your assembly. This will add credibility. If you are unable to get the principal involved, have another key person do it.
- Plan to have music: Arrange for a good sound system and play radio-edited music that your audience will enjoy as they enter, and again as they leave the assembly area.
Employ Available Technology
- Make your video viewing screen as large as possible: The larger the viewing screen, the more excited your students will become. Increased excitement usually translates into more sales. This helps ensure that students sitting in the back can see as well. The best option is to use a large screen and a projector hooked up to a computer.
- Use a good sound system: It’s important that everyone hears both you and the video. Your best option is to hook your computer into a good stereo system. Your next best option is to use external speakers with your computer. Then put the microphone up to the speakers.
- Set up and test your equipment in advance: All technical equipment, including music, computer, projector, and microphone, needs to be tested and working properly in advance of your assembly.
- Turn off the lights when showing your video: Arrange to have someone shut off the lights once you start your video. Then have them turn the lights back on once the video is finished.
Incorporate Additional Incentives
- Promote your online store: Inform your group that they can find information about selling online in their parent letter. Online selling is an easy way to bring in more sales while giving students additional prize program credit.
- Boost sales: Maximize results by offering additional incentives.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
Have a question?
What Our Customers Say
We have done business with you for several years and we keep coming back! Thank you for your organization, service and personal attention!
We enjoyed working with Big Fundraising Ideas. The service was excellent and we recommend them highly.
The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was exceptional. Easy and profitable!
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions! We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!
Big Fundraising Ideas provided us with exceptional service. Product quality was first-rate and the sales incentives were excellent! We ended up selling more this spring than last fall – excellent for us!
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had. The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before! We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!
Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful as the student sales reports were excellent and done for you! It was a great money maker with little work involved!
We have worked with Big Fundraising Ideas for 5 years now and are completely pleased with their service. I would recommend them to everyone!
We have always had a great experience with this sale from your end of the deal. Big Fundraising Ideas always works with us no matter what the issue is. They are excellent. They stay on top of things and are very helpful. Their reply/correspondence time is outstanding.
The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was exceptional! I would definitely use Big Fundraising Ideas for our future fundraiser!
The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was exceptional! They were very helpful and organized. The fundraiser kickoff and incentives really motivated the students to sell!
Big Fundraising Ideas is always very helpful. They go out of their way to make sure our fundraisers go smoothly. If there is ever a question we can always call on them.
It was a great experience and great products. The overall service that we received from Big Fundraising Ideas was very good.
The ordering, shipping and rewards process was easy to follow. The support provided was very helpful! Thanks!
Big Fundraising Ideas is wonderful to work with. They are always available to help me and fix any problem the day I call.