Using Google Drive instead of snail mail
Sending in your order forms online is more secure, it helps prevent the chance of your order getting lost in the mail, and we receive it much quicker. Best of all, it’s free!
There are various sources that you can use to submit your order electronically, including Dropbox, Google Drive or your own internal system. Use a method that you’re already familiar with, or set one up. It’s easy!
(If you don’t already have an account, setting one up is free. Learn how to set up your free Google Drive account)
Note: However way we receive your order from you is how it will be boxed, labelled, and sorted at your delivery. So if you’re a larger group it’s especially important to use a folder system.
For example, if you’re an elementary school, you may want to organize your order forms into folders by grade and then by teacher.
We’ll use the following nomenclature to define folder types for the steps below:
|Main Folder||School or Group Name|
|Sub Folder||Grade Level|
|Inside Folder||Teacher, Classroom or Team|
But before you create your digital folders you’ll want to organize your paper order forms and count the money first.
Here are step by step instructions on how to submit your order using Google Drive:
1. Create Your Folders
- Go to https://drive.google.com.
- First, you will need to create your main folder (School or Group Name). Click ‘+ New’ in the top left sidebar then ‘Folder’:
3. Enter a name for your main (School or Group) folder, then create:
4. Double-click on your school or group name:
5. Now it’s time to create your sub folders (Grade Levels or Sub-Group names). Click on the ‘New’ button, then select ‘Folder’:
6. Name your 1st sub folder (Grade Level or Sub-Group name) then click create:
7. Next, create your inside folders (Teachers, Classroom or Team Names). Double-click on the sub folder you just created (1st Grade) and select ‘New’, then ‘Folder’:
8. Name the folder, then click ‘Create’:
9. Create your 2nd inside folder that will go inside your 1st sub folder. Double-click on the sub folder, select ‘New’, then ‘Folder’:
10. Name your 2nd inside folder, then click ‘Create’:
11. You should now have 2 inside folders (Teachers or Classrooms) inside of your 1st sub folder (1st Grade):
12. To create a 2nd sub folder go back to your main folder (Smith Elementary) and repeat the process:
2. Upload Your Order Forms
The next step is to get your paper order forms to your computer and then to Google Drive.
1. Scan and save your order forms by class to your computer. Each file represents an entire classroom of order forms. (We suggest organizing them into folders and sub folders on your computer as well before uploading them to Google Drive):
2. Log in and locate your main folder on Google Drive:
3. Double-click and drill down until you get to your first classroom folder. Then drag and drop each file that you saved on your computer into the respective Google Drive folder:
3. Send Us Your Order
The last step is to send us your main folder that is now saved on Google Drive so we can process your order.
- Log into https://drive.google.com.
- There are 3 ways that you access the share dialog box. You can either click the folder you want to share, then ‘Manage Access’ from the right sidebar, click on the share icon located in the top navigation, or right-click on your main folder and select ‘Share’:
3. In the "Add people and groups" field enter the supplier email address found in your ‘Wrap Up Notice’ email.
4. Click ‘Done' and your order will be sent: