One of our customers recently asked how they should remind their students to sell each day during their sale. We liked the question because they were taking the promotion of their sale seriously.
Too often, schools think the only announcement that's needed after the kickoff is a reminder to turn in the orders at the end. Some schools actually do remind their student to sell by saying something generic like, “Don't forget to sell!” While this approach is reminding the students, most have heard it before and will quickly tune out because it's the same boring message heard every day.
Instead, schools should be working to get the attention of their students with inspiring and fun messages. In other words, be creative.
Why Creative Fundraising Announcements are Important
- They get the attention of the students.
- By changing the message each day, students are more apt to tune in.
- They keep students focused on the fundraiser.
Creative Sales Announcement Ideas
- You can ask who thinks they can sell more items than anyone else. This will get students thinking about setting higher goals.
- After the first couple of days, ask how many students have already sold at least a couple of items. Then emphasize that those students who start early will usually be more successful.
- Pick an item out of the prize program and ask how many students are at least half way towards winning it.
- Later on, ask how many students have already reached their sales goal. Then offer praise as well as encouragement to those who still haven’t reached the goal yet.
- There will always be those students who haven’t sold anything yet so you can ask, "Who hasn’t started selling yet?" Then stress that it’s never too late to start.
- Talk about your top seller prizes. Review again what it will take to win one of these prizes.
- Review the purpose with your students and how they will benefit.
- You should be emphasizing safety by ensuring that students are out selling with an adult.
- Discuss the importance of having family members take the brochure to work and how this will work to their advantage.
- We recommend incorporating prize drawings into your announcements. This is a great way to make them come to life.
Incorporating creative fundraising announcements into your sale can make a big difference in your results.