How to Schedule a Big Event Fundraising Program
Helpful big event scheduling tips
Many schools have asked us when we recommend scheduling their big event fundraising program. For the most part, we’re flexible and will work around your schedule unless we already have the same event scheduled in your area.
You’re always better off scheduling your big event as close to the end of your sale as possible. The reason is so your students will more easily associate the reward with their fundraising efforts. We can schedule your big event anytime once you’ve signed up for your fundraiser but keep in mind that your invoice must be paid in full prior to the day of the event. Because schools need to work around their timetable as much as possible, here are our big event fundraising program scheduling recommendations.
Scheduling a Party
- Our parties are 2-hour events.
- If additional time is needed, additional pricing can be worked out. The organization will need to pay for any additional time beyond our standard 2 hour time period.
- Suggested booking times:
- Morning Events: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Events: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Feel free to schedule a start time that works for you.
Scheduling a Show
- The magic show is a 40-minute event and the reptile show is a 1-hour event.
- Schools are normally limited to 1 show only. The exceptions are as follows:
- If the school or organization exceeds $40,000 in gross sales (excluding tax) and there is not enough room to seat all of the sellers who sold 5 or more for one showing.
- If school or organization meets the above exceptions then the 2nd show must immediately follow the 1st show.
- Schools that desire a 2nd show and do not meet the above exceptions always have the option to pay for the 2nd show out of their profits as long as the performer’s schedule permits.
Our big events are normally held during school hours; however some schools choose to work around other activities, like a carnival for example. In some cases, an earlier or later start time may be necessary if another school is already booked in the same area.
Calculate Your Profit
Request your info kit
We'll send you our latest brochures to review in the mail.
- 5Rick Gutierrez — PrincipalPetronila ElementaryRaised:$4,208.17
- 5Ruben De La Rosa — Assistant PrincipalLyford ElementaryRaised:$28,217.50
- 5Eva Rodriguez — SecretaryBlaschke Sheldon ElementaryRaised:$20,730.00
- Pete Morales — Principal5Zapata South ElementaryRaised:$24,062.50
- 5Lanaie Morgan — TeacherAlder School
- 5Chanda Goff — Dance Committee SponsorThe Colony Education Center
- 5Maureen Stevens — PTA Fundraiser ChairpersonWelder ElementaryRaised:$21,480.50
- 5Lisa Zamoran — SecretarySam Houston ElementaryRaised:$17,899.50
- 5Ginny Johnson — Pool Manager/Fundraising CoordinatorNinilchik SchoolRaised:$3,419.75
- 5Jane Trevino — Assistant PrincipalRuiz ElementaryRaised:$19,159.42
- 5Gloria Paredes — PTA Vice PresidentMilton ElementaryRaised:$18,336.00
- 5Rachel Quarnberg — Fundraising CoordinatorAnderson ElementaryRaised:$7,944.50
- Angie Ramirez — Principal5Kostoryz ElementaryRaised:$30,820.50
- 4DeAnne Glenn — Vice PrincipalFlag View IntermediateRaised:$33,410.50
- Elena Pena — Assistant Principal5Price ElementaryRaised:$10,040.00
- 5Raynaldo Perez — PrincipalArchie Parr ElementaryRaised:$22,031.00
- 5Laurie Cisneros — PTA PresidentNoonan ElementaryRaised:$26,618.00
- 5Elizabeth Gongora — PrincipalLe Noir ElementaryRaised:$18,684.00
- 5Chelsi Persellin — PTA Fundraising Coordinator
For this being my first time ever doing this, Big Fundraising Ideas made the fundraising process extremely easy! They were always available to address any concerns that we had.
The product quality was also great. Our sales actually doubled from previous years as we brought in more money than ever before!
We are definitely interested in working with them again next year!Webb ElementaryRaised:$43,603.00
- 5Jennifer Golec — President H & SPark Elementary
- 5Valerie Layton — PTO PresidentSinton ElementaryRaised:$22,020.00
- 5Janice Rudd — PrincipalPinecrest School
- 5Monico Rodriguez — PrincipalO'Grady ElementaryRaised:$20,462.50
- Sonia Longoria — Fundraising Chair5Leal ElementaryRaised:$23,862.50
- 5Donnetta Herin — PTA PresidentSchanen Estates ElementaryRaised:$17,623.67
- 5Misty Brannan — SecretaryF.W. Gross MontessoriRaised:$3,293.00
- 5Maria Elena Rodriguez — Fundraising ChairJohn F. Kennedy ElementaryRaised:$28,091.00
- 5Wanda Clark — Principal
This was our first fundraiser and it ran very smoothly. It helped to have the packet to explain the fundraiser process. I had a team in place that facilitated the fundraiser which made my job much easier.
We were pleased with the profits and especially the super party. Big Fundraising Ideas was very helpful throughout the entire program. Thanks again for helping our first fundraiser to be a huge success.Williamson ElementaryRaised:$8,528.83
- 5Brenda Martinez — Assistant Principal,C. Santos Benavides SchoolRaised:$72,194.50
- 5Misty Upton — PTA SecretaryStricklin ElementaryRaised:$27,286.00
- 5Rey Escalante — PTA PresidentFlour Bluff IntermediateRaised:$17,384.50
- 4Karen Meredith — BPA Sponsor/TeacherWaller High SchoolRaised:$1,055.87
- 5Betty Hinkle — A/P and FundraisingSt. Mary's Charter SchoolRaised:$22,075.80
- 5Carmen Zavala — PrincipalVillarreal ElementaryRaised:$13,143.65
- 5Mary Salas — CoachRio Hondo IntermediateRaised:$17,260.00
- 5Marilee Howard — PTO Vice President
Our experience with y'all has been fantastic!!! Everyone in the office has been so helpful, especially with our endless questions!
We really loved that the products came in already boxed with the students name, teacher and grade on a label! You have no idea how much stress that took off! That is always one of the biggest hassles!
Thank you so much for making this the most stress free fundraiser ever! We look forward to working with you again!Gresham ElementaryRaised:$8,550.50
- 5Kathy Ortiz — CounselorSanders ElementaryRaised:$15,373.50
- 5Amy Doughty — Sophomore Class Advisor/TeacherSandusky High SchoolRaised:$1,102.50
- 5Marry Jo Torres — PTA SecretaryFannin ElementaryRaised:$14,396.00
- 5Betty Hinkle — Fundraising Chair
The School Fundraising Guidebook provided by Big Fundraising Ideas is a life saver. As a full-time school district employee with many hats to wear, this guide’s efficiency helps our fundraising run on its own. The guide includes everything needed for a successful fundraiser. I enjoy the convenience of pulling out pre-made forms; making copies and sending them home with the students. It is an easy to follow, self explanatory manual that makes fundraising the successful task I didn’t mind taking on. This guide takes you that extra mile to meet your organizations needs, with little effort by following the time-line and instructions included. Many thanks to those who created this time saving guide which helps us achieve our goals.St. Mary’s Charter SchoolRaised:$18,648.40
- 5Deborah A. Morales — PTO PresidentEd Downs ElementaryRaised:$24,831.00
- 5Kari Smith — PTA PresidentRodriguez ElementaryRaised:$26,326.50
- 5Adan Ramirez — Assistant PrincipalPearson ElementaryRaised:$10,350.00
- 5Angelica Perez — PTC PresidentAlma Pierce ElementaryRaised:$23,757.00