I would like to commend the reptile expert! He put on an awesome show for our children and staff! Very educational!
How to Prepare for Your Reptile Show Event
Big Event Reptile Show Checklist
Our goal is for all of our big events to be exceptional in the eyes of your students. In fact, the more memorable it is, the more your students will talk about it to their peers. This will have a positive effect on future fundraisers as well.
There are some things that you’ll need to do to prepare for your reptile show event before your performer shows up. For example, since the assembly is interactive, how will your students have access to the performer and the reptiles? Your goal is for your event to run smoothly and for your students to have a great experience.
Here are the steps to help you get ready:
1. Prepare the Performance Area:
- The performance area must be open, clean and free from anything that will prohibit its use for the show.
- If a stage is being used, volunteers will be called up during the show so they must have access to stairs.
- The reptile expert will need access to the performance area about 1 hour prior to assembly start time.
- Have at least 4-5 adult volunteers to help unload and load cages.
- Provide 2 chairs and one 6-foot table (or larger).
- Provide close access to standard electrical outlets and a standard water hose faucet. The reptile expert will provide his own sound system.
- Have a mop handy in case of a water spill.
2. Plan for Backstage Meeting with Reptile Expert:
- The reptile expert will need an extra 1-15 minutes to meet with any sellers backstage who sold 32 or more items.
- He will sign autographs, answer questions or take pictures.
- The children must be accompanied by a teacher or other school employee.
3. Promote Your Event:
- Get your group excited by making periodic announcements before the show date.
- Arrange to have someone at your reptile show from your local newspaper or TV station.
- Take pictures during the event and create a display for all to see.
PLEASE NOTE: Once your event is over we’ll send you a feedback form to complete. If you submit a picture with your form we’ll feature it on our website. You’ll also receive a $50 online store gift card.