Our big event prize programs have been proven to motivate more students to sell out of their sales brochure than traditional prize plans do. The reason is simple. Offer students something unique and exciting as a reward in exchange for reaching an easily achievable sales goal. The result is better overall sales.
However, because of the expense associated with bringing in a large party or show, we require a minimum gross sale of $25,000 to qualify for a free big event. Keep in mind that online store sales are also factored in as well. But if you're still not sure you can reach this school wide goal, here are some things to consider.
Schools with previous brochure fundraising experience usually fall into 1 of the following 3 scenarios:
- You already meet or exceed $25,000 with a traditional prize program.
- Your school sold between $15,000 and $25,000 but understand that switching to a big event prize program can improve your results.
- Large schools that fall below $15,000 but have a high growth potential due to low student participation.
Schools with no prior brochure sales history can use the following formula to project their results:
Potential Gross Sales = Enrollment x Item Goal x $12.00 (To determine your item goal you can use 5 items for a show and 8 items for a party)
We’ve had many schools, regardless of previous sales, benefit greatly by switching to a big event prize program. So here are your options:
OPTION A: Get the event regardless of your sales
Student Goal: If you choose option A, any student who reaches their individual sales goal automatically gets to attend the event. Those who sell but don’t reach their goal simply win a participation prize instead. Students need to sell 5 items to gain admission to one of our shows and 8 items to get into a party.
Group Goal: Once your group reaches $25,000 in total sales; there is no cost for the event. However, if you sell less, you simply help defer the cost of bringing in the event according to the following schedule:
|Gross Sales*||Cost Share|
|$25,000 or more||$0|
|Up to $4,999||$3,500|
*Gross sales = brochure sales + online store sales
Any cost on your part would come from the money already raised through the fundraiser. With option A, regardless of your overall sales, we’ll still bring in the event and those students who reach their individual item goal will get to attend.
OPTION B: Start with a traditional prize program
If you’re not sure whether your group can raise $25,000, we offer a second option. With option B, your group starts the sale with a traditional prize program; however, if you end up reaching $25,000, we'll switch you to the big event prize program instead.* Here are the scenarios:
- Scenario 1: If your gross sales exceed $25,000, congratulations! Those who reach their individual sales goal get to attend the big event, and those who don’t sell enough win a participation prize instead.
- Scenario 2: If your gross sales are under $25,000, everyone who sells receives traditional prizes.
Changing Your Mind
Schools are not locked into option B. Therefore, you can always change your mind, even after your fundraiser is over. So regardless of your sales results, you can still get a big event by switching from option B to option A. You would then help defray the cost according to the above cost share schedule. We’ve had many schools switch to a big event after their sale turned out better than expected.
If you decide to switch, you must let us know by email before we receive your order.
* Schools receive either the big event or traditional prize program, but not both. Any and all invoices must be paid in full prior to the event. Gross Sales are excluding tax, if applicable.