What you should know about your company before you start your sale
Picking the right company to help your group raise money is an important step in the process. Companies should provide useful sales tools that will assist groups in reaching their financial goals as well as provide a process that’s easy to follow. However, if you end up making the wrong choice, you may have to deal with problems that will be hard to fix.
Some company tactics attempt to lure you in with big promises that sound too good to be true. Others can only promise the basics but tend to leave out important information. To help you make an informed decision, here are 3 good fundraising company questions every school will want answers to.
1. Do we pay for fundraiser supplies?
Before you can start a brochure sale, you need the following supplies:
- A brochure for each student.
- Order forms for taking orders.
- Money envelopes for collecting money.
- A parent letter explaining the process.
You shouldn’t have to pay for these supplies. Companies should provide these materials free of charge.
2. Is there a charge for shipping?
Most companies charge for the shipping of the merchandise. Some companies offer free shipping if groups sell over a certain amount. Others have a lower flat fee regardless of how much is sold, but if certain minimums aren’t met, then an additional charge is incurred.
3. Will we need to sort the merchandise?
Make sure and ask how your merchandise will arrive. There are generally 2 ways that companies ship product:
- Boxed by seller, based on the exact number of items reported on each order form.
- Sorted by item type. For example, some companies only ship cookie dough by the case.