Why quality discounts help sell discount cards
Good discount card sales can be very profitable, and seem to work especially well with high school groups. Once advantage is these groups get to experience repeat business by selling to the same customers every year while reaching out to new prospects.
However, a potential disadvantage is the time it takes to build the card. School fundraising companies that do this correctly will build a card from scratch. Unfortunately, some companies simply place businesses from a paid for list onto a card. Many of these lists aren’t current which can end up causing problems for customers as well as the sponsor. It’s better to properly contact all vendors to confirm that they indeed want to be on a specific card, and this requires time and effort. Organizations that need to raise money right away may see this as a drawback. It’s therefore better to plan ahead if you want to do a discount card fundraiser.
Why Building a Discount Card Take Time
It takes time to get business owners to agree to be on a card. There are 2 ways to build a card:
- Hire a company to get vendors.
- Go out and get your own vendors.
Building a card takes up to 5 weeks because:
- We can contact as many as 40 business owners to secure 12 spots.
- It may take several tries to reach the decision maker.
- We then require everyone who agrees to be on the card to sign an agreement.
Why Discount Card Sales Work
- They save people money
- They can be used every day
- They last for a full year
- The cards are easy to carry
- They help promote the organization
Nevertheless, even though discount card sales can be a good fit for some groups, one way to overcome the wait time is to plan ahead.